Low Cost Marketing Strategies for Painting Contractors - Part 3 - Using Business Internet Listing Websites
currently have a website and are active on social media or not, getting listed
on Business Internet Listing sites will help your company get found on the
Internet. Business Internet Listing
sites are similar to the old fashion “yellow pages”. These sites allow you to list your business
information for free by location, category, and using keywords to help you get
found by prospective customers. Many
sites will provide additional listing benefits and positioning for a fee for
those who are interested.
Choose the largest and most known such as Google Plus, Google Places, Superpages, Dex, Merchant Circle, Manta, Yellow Pages, White Pages etc. Here is a helpful resource outlining 50 listing directories from HubSpot and here is another by Yext. There are many business listing sites and some are irrelevant, if you haven’t heard of it, it is probably a small directory and not worth taking the time to complete.
Google your local competition and make certain you are listed on some of the same sites as they are. Take a look at how they setup their listing. Try to expand and maximize your listing so your business will be listed above theirs or show up better in a keyword search.
5 top tips for listing your business:
- Be consistent with your information. Fill out your address and business information in the same way across all listings.
- Complete as many fields as possible. Take the time to fill out the information completely often adding logo and photos.
- Choose the proper category and keywords for your line of work. Some sites will allow multiple categories and keywords. Use as many as are allowed, this will help your company get found in a search.
- Keep a copy of all your login and password information. Having easy access to your login information on each site will allow you to go back in to add and edit information when necessary.
- Place your business on 12 to 24 directories for maximum exposure.
Make sure you read last week’s article with tips for painting contractors and other tradesmen on Local Networking.
This is Part 3 in a six part series on marketing strategies for painting contractors. Next week Part 4 in the series will focus on building a great contractor website.
Please consider sharing this website and article content to your colleagues and friends who many benefit. Registration is always FREE and we will continue to add additional benefits to our membership.
Written by: Barbara Walsh, www.walshonemarketing.com